AirDrop allows you to easily send all the files which you have stored on your iPhone, iPod and Mac and other devices. It is a fast and secure way to transfer the pictures, video, contacts, and any other data from one device to another. Here’s how to change your name on AirDrop.
Steps for Changing the AirDrop Name on the iOS Device
• Click on the Settings symbol given on the Apple device.
• Click on the General option located on the Settings app.
• After that, press on the About option.
• Press on the AirDod name on the iOS device which you will get on the first column on display.
• You can select one name for the AirDrop, and this name also used while trying to AirDrop files over iOS devices.
• After completing these steps, you need to press on the Done button.
In case you wish to change the iPod classic, iPod nano, or iPod Shuffle name, then you need to follow the steps mentioned below:
• You need to pair the iPod device to the PC.
• Open the iTunes installed on the PC.
• Find and after that, select the device.
• Now, you will get the device name at the upper side of the left-hand textbox.
• Once you find the device name on the screen, you need to press on it.
• Enter a new device name, which will be the same for the AirDrop name.
• After that, click on the Enter button.
• Now, the iTunes and device start its syncing process automatically, so that the name which you have selected will start showing as the iPod name.
Steps for Changing the AirDrop Name on Mac
• Press on the System and Preferences option given in the menu list.
• After that, press on the Sharing option.
• Enter a new name which you wish to use for the Mac into the “Computer Name” section.
• Once you have entered a new name, you need to close the System and Preferences window.
How to Use AirDrop from the Mac?
You need to send content from your Finder application. Here are the steps mentioned below to do so:
• Go to the Finder app.
• Press on the Go button.
• Press on the AirDrop option located in the menu box.
• You can also get the AirDrop in the textbox of the Finder screen.
• Now, you will get all the close AirDrop users to list on the screen.
• Pull particular or many documents, pictures or other folders across the recipient in the AirDrop window.
• After that drop the documents, pictures, or other folders into it.
Jack Smith is a technology expert who loves to write blogs and articles about cybersecurity. He has been especially writing about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate with an intention to develop the work experience of users across the globe. The blogs and articles he has written have been published in various popular e-magazines, blogs, and websites.